• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Where would you place Melody Of Memory...(Fun Discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
Is it apart of the Xehanort Saga, or is it apart of the Lost Master Saga, KH3 was supposed to be the finale of the Xehanort Saga, but because he has a role in the game, it get's confusing, me personally I would place it as part of the Xehanort Saga, but that's just me, what are your thoughts and where would you place it?

Chie

Awards
Officially speaking, KH3 is the end and KH3 ReMind is the beginning of the next.

I wouldn't object to ReMind and MoM getting being redesignated an "intermission" later down the line, though.

vaderskywalker

Awards
The way I see it, if KH3 is the Infinity War/Endgame of the Dark Seeker Arc, then MoM would be the Far From Home.
That would make sense, but I see Remind as Far From Home because Sora is literally Far From Home by the end of it, and Melody Of Memory as No Way Home, because you play as the trios from the previous games, just like there were three Spider-Men from the the previous movies, heck, one of them was even forgotten about at one point just like Peter was by the end of it.

Master Exin

Awards
That would make sense, but I see Remind as Far From Home because Sora is literally Far From Home by the end of it, and Melody Of Memory as No Way Home, because you play as the trios from the previous games, just like there were three Spider-Men from the the previous movies, heck, one of them was even forgotten about at one point just like Peter was by the end of it.
Fair enough, I suppose

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
For myself, KH4 is the true start of the Lost Masters Arc. ReMind and MoM always felt like sort of an epilogue of KH3 for me.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I’d say it and ReMind are the bridge between the two sagas.
Yes, they are the bridge, but that's where the confusion comes in cause Xehanort still has a roll in those, but that's why I think it's best to just look at them as an epilogue to KH3 like Zettaflare said, basically, both are the true ending of KH3.

Chie

Awards
I personally don't think it's confusing for Xehanort to still exist outside of a chapter named after him.

vaderskywalker

Awards
I personally don't think it's confusing for Xehanort to still exist outside of a chapter named after him.
Well, no, not if it's a role as a side character, but he's still antagonistic in Remind, and Melody Of Memory.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
on the subject of Xehanort appearing multiple times beyond the 'Xehanort Saga', here's where I land. It's fine for him to continue to make appearances if there's a good reason for it, but it is kind of shitty that the final boss of vanilla KH3 isn't the last time he's fought. He appears as a mandatory story boss a whopping THREE TIMES after the initial KH3 playthrough. Once in ReMind, once in Limit Cut (which is mandatory for story progression) and at the end of MelMem. That's fucking crazy and takes away from Xehanort's 'finale' in KH3 so badly.

In the case of Melody of Memory, I just don't get why they felt the need to do it again... It DOES give this feeling of "huh?? I thought the Xehanort saga was over, why are we seeing him talking and fighting in an antagonistic capacity rn?" I'm so down to see the Nort man used in new, interesting ways, but this felt like a weird indulgence on Nomura's part.

vaderskywalker

Awards
on the subject of Xehanort appearing multiple times beyond the 'Xehanort Saga', here's where I land. It's fine for him to continue to make appearances if there's a good reason for it, but it is kind of shitty that the final boss of vanilla KH3 isn't the last time he's fought. He appears as a mandatory story boss a whopping THREE TIMES after the initial KH3 playthrough. Once in ReMind, once in Limit Cut (which is mandatory for story progression) and at the end of MelMem. That's fucking crazy and takes away from Xehanort's 'finale' in KH3 so badly.

In the case of Melody of Memory, I just don't get why they felt the need to do it again... It DOES give this feeling of "huh?? I thought the Xehanort saga was over, why are we seeing him talking and fighting in an antagonistic capacity rn?" I'm so down to see the Nort man used in new, interesting ways, but this felt like a weird indulgence on Nomura's part.
Agreed.

Back