• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Video Game Adaptation Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Keyblade Knight 1st Class

Awards
The definitive destination for news/reviews/discussions etc. about any and all things adapted from video games. Movies, TV Shows, Books, Comics/Manga and even Stage Plays. Whether you want to show appreciation for an old favorite or get hyped for an upcoming release, this is the place. I'll get the ball rolling by asking the following question, Why in the Blue Bomber hell is Netflix's Mega Man movie going to be LIVE ACTION!?!?!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Captain N's my guiltiest of guilty pleasures. Like the show objectively sucked but I still loved it as a kid & can see the potential of what a better version could've been like. Heck, it was basically SSB a decade before SSB & kinda sorta like a Nintendoified take on KH.

Not to mention probably the first Isekai I've watched in my life.

Awards
Captain N's my guiltiest of guilty pleasures. Like the show objectively sucked but I still loved it as a kid & can see the potential of what a better version could've been like. Heck, it was basically SSB a decade before SSB & kinda sorta like a Nintendoified take on KH.

Not to mention probably the first Isekai I've watched in my life.
There's absolutely no shame in loving something that is terrible. I unironically love Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. It is without a doubt one of the worst movies ever made, but I laugh my ass off every time I watch it. It's unintentional comedy gold🤣🤣🤣

vaderskywalker

Awards
There's absolutely no shame in loving something that is terrible. I unironically love Mortal Kombat: Annihilation. It is without a doubt one of the worst movies ever made, but I laugh my ass off every time I watch it. It's unintentional comedy gold🤣🤣🤣
The movies were my introduction to the Mortal Kombat franchise, so to me, they were good, well the first one was great to me, but the second one had some bad effects, but I enjoyed the fight scenes and the story.
Why in the Blue Bomber hell is Netflix's Mega Man movie going to be LIVE ACTION!?!?!
What's wrong with live action? they are (in some cases) the best form of movie, I mean yeah, they don't work for everything, but Mega Man could work in live action, as long as the director knows what they are doing, for example I am convinced Dragon Ball Evolution could have been a good movie, if the director respected the source material, and actually let Toriyama (I really hope I spelled that right) be a part of the production of the movie.

Awards
What's wrong with live action?
Nothing is wrong with live action, but I think animation would be a much better fit for Mega Man. Anime, CGI, something along the lines of Spider-Verse, there's so many possibilities for what they could do with animation. Perhaps Mega Man could work in live action...if it wasn't Netflix. Unfortunately they'll probably treat it with the same level of respect that they gave Death Note and Cowboy Bebop. Maybe they'll prove me wrong and deliver an awesome Tron-esque movie, but I won't hold my breath.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Nothing is wrong with live action, but I think animation would be a much better fit for Mega Man. Anime, CGI, something along the lines of Spider-Verse, there's so many possibilities for what they could do with animation. Perhaps Mega Man could work in live action...if it wasn't Netflix. Unfortunately they'll probably treat it with the same level of respect that they gave Death Note and Cowboy Bebop. Maybe they'll prove me wrong and deliver an awesome Tron-esque movie, but I won't hold my breath.
Agreed.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
Agreed, Persona 4 The Animation knew where to put its focus, and that was in the character writing. Especially Yu Narukami, seeing him develop from a blank slate to a well rounded character was very cool, and he was pretty hilarious when they visited the town from Persona 3

vaderskywalker

Awards
I've recently been thinking about the DOOM movies, and something that bugs me about the first is, does anyone else think The Rock should have been the DOOMGUY for that movie, and do you think it's possible to even get a proper DOOM movie?

D

Deleted member 282472

I'm looking forward to the upcoming DMC animated series.

I didn't like the recent games much so I'm hoping the animated series can reignite my passion.

It's made by the people who did netflix's castlevania so I'm optimistic I'll like what they do. Even if it's teaser feels like another reboot set around the DMC3 era.

Back