• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NEO: TWEWY Collab with Reynatis Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Squood!

seibah
Awards
Neku is clearly Sora, Shiki is clearly Kairi, Beat is clearly Roxas, Rhyme is clearly Namine. Seriously? I remember talking about this when the game came out in these forums, when we weren't sure what the next sequels were going to be like.
How do you look at Neku Sakuraba and think of Sora and how do you look at fuckin Daisukenojo Bito and think Roxas even in just character design outside of like hair

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
How do you look at Neku Sakuraba and think of Sora and how do you look at fuckin Daisukenojo Bito and think Roxas even in just character design outside of like hair
Look, this is discussion by a bunch of teens and early twenties like 16 years ago. It wasn’t elegant or even accurate, but it was what was discussed regardless because people really only thought of Nomura as the KH guy. People made comparisons to Sion, Volt, Kou, Dominique, and Dauragon from the Bouncer back in the day too. And given at the time Nomura was using this whole idea of shared designs (Axel and Reno, Larxene and Elena), it was just the way these discussions were approached.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I saw some combat gameplay, and I gotta say... Kingdom Hearts is so fun lmfao. Reynatis is flashy, but there's no weight, it doesn't look fun to avoid enemy attacks, there's no flow... I get that it's a mid-to-low budget game, but I'm of the opinion that an action game is a little pointless if the mechanics aren't put above all

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I saw some combat gameplay, and I gotta say... Kingdom Hearts is so fun lmfao. Reynatis is flashy, but there's no weight, it doesn't look fun to avoid enemy attacks, there's no flow... I get that it's a mid-to-low budget game, but I'm of the opinion that an action game is a little pointless if the mechanics aren't put above all

I know this is the opinion of someone who's formative gaming years were spent on this series, but nothing has ever been able to top KH2 combat for me. It wasn't so flashy that it was a cinematic light show, but magical enough that the fantasy felt great. It felt like every mistake was my own, and by the time you were unlocking the real fancy stuff (final form), it felt earned.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I know this is the opinion of someone who's formative gaming years were spent on this series, but nothing has ever been able to top KH2 combat for me. It wasn't so flashy that it was a cinematic light show, but magical enough that the fantasy felt great. It felt like every mistake was my own, and by the time you were unlocking the real fancy stuff (final form), it felt earned.
There is so much about KH2 that drives me nuts and that I don't like at all, but the basic combat is a shining fuckin' gem when it comes to polish. Easy fights, hard fights, it all feels GOOD because they put all their eggs in that basket. There was such a laser focus on that specific piece that I'd venture to say we will never see another KH game that feels so slick ever again.

And that's FINE, just like it's fine for Reynatis to focus on aesthetic and tie-ins, but the ratio should always be in the favor of the core gameplay over anything else, at least in my opinion

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Nomura did an interview with the Reynatis director. He says he hopes Reynatis 2 gets made and sounds like he would be open to bigger collaboration if it does. 👀

Back